As a business, you probably already know the importance of social media in today’s world. Without a strategy in place, you may find it challenging to navigate the tricky world of social media, which could later be harmful to your business. Your time is precious, and posting random things on social media might not show any effective results for the time you put in. but we can help! This article discusses the best social media strategies for a business and how they may benefit your company.
What is a Social Media Strategy?
How Can a Social Media Strategy Help My Business?
- Track performance
- Measure brand sentiment
- Build a social network community
- Increase brand awareness
- Reach a wider audience
- Provide easier customer service
- Advertise your products or services
- Correctly reach your target audience
- Adjust for a larger marketing plan as your business grows
- Drive traffic to your website
What is the Purpose of a Social Media Strategy?
Save yourself a headache and contact us today!
What are the 10 Steps to a Successful Social Media Strategy?
1 – Marketing Goals
2 – Knowing Your Audience
- Age group
- Job title
- Relationship status
- Future goals
- Time spent online
- Brand loyalty
3 – Knowing Your Competition
4 – Auditing Your Social Media
- Are these posts engaging my followership?
- Which platforms are most popular for my business?
- How does my social media compare to my competitors?
- What are the least engaging posts on my networks?
- Using consistent brandings such as logos and images
- Including keywords in your ‘about me’ sections
- Filling out all available fields on your profile
- Using recommended image sizes with high-resolution images
5 – Improving Your Profiles
- Does this account help me achieve my goals in the long run?
- Does my customer base use this social media platform?
- How is my target audience using this particular platform?
An extra word of advice: writing out individual goals for each social media platform in your strategy will help you focus on the specifics when you begin to improve your online networks.
6 – Finding Inspiration
- Popular brands on social media (and not just in your industry)
- What compels people to engage with others’ content online?
- Who do you admire on social media? Why?
7 – Creating a Content Calendar
Setting Your Posting Schedule
- Blog posts
- Link sharing
- Image posts
- User-generated content
An extra word of advice: your content mix should reflect your mission statement on your social media strategy, so they support your overall business goals.
8 – Creating the Social Media Content
Things to Remember:
- Two platforms can have the same purpose in content, but they may have a different customer base you want to approach.
- It might take time to figure out which content is best for each social platform.
- Analyse the statistics collected from posts to aid in deciding whether certain types of posts are performing well to decide whether to continue with them.
- Update your content calendar according to what you discover from your analysis.
9 – Tracking Performance
10 – Finalising Your Social Media Strategy
- Your business will change
- Networks will emerge and develop
- Social media algorithms constantly change
- Demographics will shift
What are the Different Types of Social Media Strategy?
- Creating content
- Long-term social media management
- Paid media (P.P.C.)
- Building an organic following
- Influencer marketing
- Forum contribution
- Plus many more!